Here’s the recipe for the snack I brought the other night. It was found at:
Makes about 20, they say it serves 8
* 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.25-ounce box), thawed about 45 minutes
* 1 large egg, beaten
* 3 scallions, thinly sliced
* 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (1 1⁄2 ounces)
* kosher salt and black pepper
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Unfold the pastry and brush with the egg. Sprinkle with the scallions, ¼ cup of the Parmesan, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Roll tightly into a log. Freeze until firm but still sliceable, about 20 minutes.
3. Slice the log into ¼-inch-thick rounds and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Can be reheated.
By Sara Quessenberry, November 2010